Monday, June 27, 2011

Grace for the Humble

"God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." James 4:6

 Crafted for the Christian Paper Craft's Color Monday 114 Challenge. This peacock reminds me of a cartoon where one peacock says to another, "Why should I strut about? What do I have to be proud of; I didn't do anything to get these feathers?"  It's always a humbling reminder to me that everything we do have, every gift, every talent, has been given to us by our gracious heavenly Father. And it has been given to be used for His glory.  He despise the proud but gives grace to the humble. May He give grace that we might walk humbly before Him.


DETAILS
The main image panel on this card was a PAK (Providential Act of Kindness) from a dear CPC sister and after die cutting, I covered it with VersaMark and embossing powder to give texture and dimension.
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs, Peacock PAK
Card Stock: Basic Black, White
Designer Paper: BasicGrey Curio
 Ink: Versa Fine Onyx, Versa Mark, Early Espresso
Accessories: Spellbinders Dies, Cuttlebug Dots embossing folder, porcelain rose, paper rose, homemade ribbon rose, Zva Creative and SU Pearls, White Pearls Embossing Powder
Technique: Stamping, Embossing
Challenges: Christian Paper Crafts Color Monday 114

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Jan, I am absolutely amazed at how you interpreted this color challenge. It's incredible and I just love your for playing along. Blessings,Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jan! I am loving all of your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging words! Have a blessed day!