Friday, August 12, 2011

Perfect Peace

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3



Crafted for the Flourishes Scavenger Hunt Challenge FLLCAUG11A to use pink, green, white, ribbon, some bling, floral, decorator paper and square (which you only discovered after completing the blog hop! It is also for the Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) Stamping In Time Challenge 41 (SNTODBD41) to use embossing~ the sentiment panel is embossed both dry and with heat.

This card is also for another challenge: one that a dear couple is facing as they both battle cancer. In the Lord's Providence, they were diagnosed within a couple of months of one another. They are Christians, have served the Lord actively for many years working with youth, and she is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator (and one of the best! I may be biased, but I think being in the top 100 the past few years counts as "one of the best," don't you?). They also have a dairy and grow almonds. Prayer for this dear couple is much appreciated. They are resting in the Lord and He is giving them the peace He promises.


CARD DETAILS
The main image with the cows is a free digital image from Just Something I Made.  It was resized, printed and then embellished/blinged using a glue pen, gold glitter and stickles, and a gem.
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs, Scripture Collection 7
Paper: Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Designer Paper: Creative Imaginations Iron Orchid Designs
Ink: Ranger Distress Antique Linen and Spun Sugar, VersaMark
Accessories: Stampendous Periodot Embossing Powder, ODBD fence die, doily and flowers from a vintage thrift store, Studio112 Chipboard embellishment, Recollections leaves, MS Seam binding ribbon, piercing.

Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage looking Christmas card and love that verse! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Oh - I hope I can "re-create" such a thing in my new office/studio! I have found that I really need to have a artistic place to go just for me - not associated to what I do for my job. I love all the wonderful tips and inspiration I find with my friends here in Blogworld - you have blessed me!
    Thanks for commenting about my baby Mackenzie. God is good!!!!
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! I just love this type of project filled with lots of sweet elements. :) Truly inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful Jan! You get better and better! Can I have some of your MOJO?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scene design and beautiful details, Jan Marie! Wonderful scripture card! Thanks for playing ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging words! Have a blessed day!