It is the Gospel ("Good News") that God reveals in His special revelation, the Bible, as the only way of salvation from sin and destruction; the only way the maker of heaven and earth has provided that you might be reconciled with Him now and for eternity.
Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers of the people and elders, if we are being examined today concerning a good deed done to a crippled man, by what means this man has been healed, let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—by him this man is standing before you well. This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone.There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:8-12
May you seriously study each of the following points and consider the eternal destiny of your soul. . . .
According to the Gospel, Jesus:
- Was born to a virgin - He is both God and man
- “Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14
- Obeyed God's commandments perfectly
- For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. Romans 5:19
- Suffered hell for His people's sin and died their death
- But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. 6 All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him. Isaiah 53:5-6
- Rose to life after three days
- “He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee, 7 saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.” Luke 24:6-7
- Returned to Heaven as King over all
- So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. Mark 16:19
- Is coming again to judge us all:
- For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Corinthians 5:10
- Saves those who have turned from their sins and trusted in Him
- But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name John 1:12
Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” Mark 1: 14
- BUT. . .Will sentence those who haven't to endless punishment
- “These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” Matthew 25:46 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:15
- Will You Be Saved Or Sentenced?
About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s bonds were unfastened. When the jailer woke and saw that the prison doors were open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul cried with a loud voice, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here." And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved. . .” Acts 19:25-31