Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Be Joyful. . .


Be joyful for the joy of the Lord is your strength," Nehemiah 8:10
 

ODBD Shining the Light Challenge #141

This week, the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Team challenges YOU to a Secret Admirer challenge: Case a card of any designer you admire. 
To make the challenge even more rewarding, we will be giving out a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! And, if you use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing one to two creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. All submissions must be added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, Feb. 10 at 8 p.m. EST. Complete details are available on the ODBD blog.

This week we welcome a new guest design team member for the month of February, and say THANK YOU to Sabrina Friel (Cook22 at SplitCoast Stampers) for blessing us with her lovely work the month of January
 
Please take a bit of time to visit  my fellow challenge team members blogs, you'll be blessed!
Diana Nguyen * Audrey Hitlke * Cathy McCauley   
  and. . February Guest Design Team Member Becky Egecrone (BeckyTE)

Project Details

For this week's challenge, there are two dear sisters in Christ who use the diverse talents the Lord has given them for His glory as they encourage others. 

Both have first names that begin with the letter "M", both live on islands in the Pacific (though they are more than 4,000 miles apart) and both LOVE to try new techniques and various mediums (canvas, fabric, knitting. . .) Both have a love for the Lord, are faithful prayer warriors and have the gift of encouragement. I am blessed beyond measure that the Lord has given me such sweet sisters, though we have never yet met in real life. My card this week is honor of my dear friends, Marsha Fisher (CG Girl) and MaxineD (Kiwime's Kreations) and just for them, I tried a new technique for a single layer card. More specific links are provided below.

Artists Cased: 
Marsha Fisher(CG Girl)  and MaxineD (Kiwime's Kreations) 

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Be Joyful
Ink: Lots of it! Versamagic Wheat, pink, aqua, dark brown
Paper: Pink, Tan
Accessories: Seam binding, vintage button, floral pins, pearls.
Notes: Technique used is Retiform.
Challenges:

Blessings! jme ~ SDG

13 comments:

  1. Love the color blocking and texture on your gorgeous card, Jan Marie...it's amazing what you have done on just one layer! Such a pretty bow accent as well...I will have to try this technique, although it is hard for me to stick to one layer! LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely gorgeous cased card Jan!! I just love your color blocking, all the flowers, and the added texture. So elegant and beautiful!!!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your card Jan! HOW did you do it? You card POPPED right out to me on the ODB Blog!!!!!!!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) DO TELL HOW you did it??? :)I LOOOOOVE the use of the floral stamp too! I've been admiring that stamp! AND you used it in such a UNIQUE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beauty, love the blocking! warm and cozy, like a quilt to snuggle in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Jan Marie! Love all the softs colors you used. I don't think I've every tried this technique, but it looks so cool! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan Marie you bought tears to my eyes with your tribute. Thank you. And may I say this is an amazing card - I will try it myself now - as you so rightly say, I love trying new techniques.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...Beautiful card Jan Marie...I love all the pretty colours, and what a way to honour two friends!! Awesome!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. ABsolutely gorgeous Jan Marie! Love the tribute you wrote as well! A beautiful CASE indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OPMGoodness Jan Marie, this is GORGEOUS. Seeing all the wonderful colors and textures, the fabulous ribbon/bow and perfectly placed pins definitely makes me smile. Also loved seeing the designs of Marsha and Maxine - so talented!
    Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan, you have blessed me tremendously with your kind words...what an honor to call you friend and sister in Christ! You are a wonderfully talented lady on so many levels...and I cherish your wise and encouraging counsel that is always and ever rooted in God's word. Thank you for being a wonderful example of Titus 2 to me. Oh yeah....your card is beautiful too ;0)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, Jan Marie!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging words! Have a blessed day!