Tuesday, March 26, 2013

By His stripes. . .

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

ODBD DT


But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:56-58

ODBD Shining the Light Challenge #148

This week, the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Team challenge is titled, "He is Risen" and you are to craft a project with pastel colors and displaying a cross, verse, or sentiment about the true meaning of Easter. This is a two-week challenge!

To make the challenge even more rewarding we will be giving out a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! And, if you use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing one to two creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. All submissions must be added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, April 7 at 8 p.m. EST. Complete details are available on the ODBD blog.

Please take a bit of time to visit  my fellow challenge team members' blogs, you'll be blessed!
Diana Nguyen * Audrey Hitlke * Cathy McCauley

Project Details

When I Survey The Wondrous Cross
Isaac Watts, 1707
When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.

See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

Stamps:      ODBD Fifth Anniversary Release Scripture Collection 10;
                    Never Give Up and Grunge Cross Die
Ink: Gold, Brown
Designer Paper: Prima Sun Kiss
Accessories: Twine, gold thread, pearl

Blessings! jme ~ SDG

10 comments:

  1. I just love your choice of colors, the background of the sentiment and your design Jan Marie!! Looks like we both used the same verse. To me that verse says it all!! Beautiful card!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that grunge cross and your colors! Love the verse too - and the song by Watts. Thank you so much for sharing this card and the thoughts behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, this is gorgeous. Beautiful way to frame out the Scripture. The cross next to the verse is the perfect reminder of the victory we have in our Lord Jesus Christ through His sacrifice on the cross. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The true meaning of Easter is definitely beautifully displayed here, Jan Marie! Love your colors and the Grunge Cross perfectly illustrates the reason we have the victory through Jesus Christ our Lord! Have a wonderful Easter! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jan Marie this is gorgeous - the colours you have used are stunning! Thank you also for sharing the words of my favourite hymn! :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful golden glow from this, Jan! The main image is stunning and so isn't the message. Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Thanks so much!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cross just seems to glow. It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work of art. The cross is one of my favorites! The dp is a subtle reminder of the suffering that Jesus did for our sins. That we might be set free!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Kudos!

    Feel free to visit my web-site :: investment property interest rates 2013

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging words! Have a blessed day!